Stay connected

Issue 492 – Unsung hero goes the extra mile for the community

Whilst the snow and ice caused havoc with motorists and pedestrians alike, Frome Times has been told of an unsung hero who worked above and beyond the call of duty to make some of Frome’s pavements safer for people to walk on.

With the snow forcing many to stay in and wait it out, Mike Hall took it upon himself to clear some of the town’s pavements. He could be seen clearing the pavements of Catherine Hill of snow and slush on his day off.
Mike is employed by the town council. Mayor of Frome, councillor Damon Hooton said, “I walked down Catherine Hill the other day after we had had the heavy snowfall and I was really impressed to see that one side was totally cleared.
“It is incredible that somebody would take their own time to do something like that. The civic pride he takes in his job is nothing short of admirable – he works above and beyond the call of duty.”
Donna Lynch, who runs Make and Mend in Catherine Hill added, “Mike is a really, really supportive guy to the area and he really cares about where he lives and the streets he looks after.
“When the snow came he took his own time and started at the top of Catherine Hill and shovelled the pavements clear – an amazing thing to do to help other people.”
• Do you know of an unsung hero in Frome? If so, contact The Frome Times on 01373 452109 or email frometimes@ btconnect.com

60 Responses to Issue 492 – Unsung hero goes the extra mile for the community

1. Property Management Mijas

February 3, 2018 at 10:51 pm

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find
    this topic to be really something that I think I would never
    understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

2. Pingback: bahis siteleri

3. Pingback: bahis siteleri

4. Pingback: abanoz

5. Pingback: bahis siteleri

6. http://karin.cf

March 25, 2018 at 9:16 pm

I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering
    problems with your website. It appears like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen.
    Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This could be a issue with my web browser because I’ve had
    this happen previously. Thanks

7. Pingback: sportotobet

8. custom rubber bracelets

April 27, 2018 at 12:41 am

Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by chance, and I am stunned why this accident did
    not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

9. www.miaoyao123.com

May 15, 2018 at 4:58 pm

Gibt es in Ihrfem Website eine Kontaktseite?

Ich habe eine harte Zeit Ortung ees aber, Icch möchte schicken Sie eine E-Mail.

Vorschläge für Ihr Bllog Sie interessiert Verhandlung seiin könnten Ich habe einige bekam.
    So oder so, große Website und ich freuen uns darauf, sie zu entwickeln
    wachden im Laufe der Zeit.

10. marbella villas for sale

May 18, 2018 at 5:53 pm

For most up-to-date news you have to go to see internet and on the web I found this
    website as a most excellent web page for most recent updates.

11. visit site

May 31, 2018 at 8:33 pm

This is a great tip particularly to those fresh to
    the blogosphere. Short but very precise info… Appreciate your sharing this one.

A must read post!

12. Pingback: betebet

13. Pingback: Homepage

14. Pingback: Housing Disrepair

15. Pingback: Judaica gifts

16. Pingback: online reputation monitoring services

17. Pingback: bring back exlovers

18. Pingback: hydraruzxpnew4af onion

19. Pingback: roof cleaning northamptonhttp://www.awc.cleaning/roof-cleaning-in-oxford/#moss removal oxford

20. Pingback: buy suboxone strips online

great

49. gomovies

November 28, 2019 at 1:19 pm

great cintent

50. Cad Services

June 10, 2020 at 1:44 pm

So much useful content, and an enjoyable read too! To learn more on the subject, take a look at another useful article_https://drawings.archicgi.com/outsource-autocad-drawings-10-pros-of-millwork-construction/

51. 123moviescc.cc

September 21, 2020 at 12:09 pm

In the role of Allen Ginsberg, a revolutionary poet at the forefront of the Beat Generation who is most famous for his sprawling poem “Howl,” Daniel Radcliffe becomes a different literary darling altogether. Nevertheless, in his compassionate, sensitive, and gently romanticized performance, the actor allows himself to feel even more liberated and vulnerable in his graceful performance. As a younger version of the soon-to-be-famous poet, Radcliffe provides a coming-of-age story, unlike the series he’s most famous for. Through the performer’s passionate on-screen romance with Dane DeHaan, Radcliffe provides an insightful, tender, and engrossing performance to his blooming resume — one that showcases a growing maturity in his work.

52. 123moviesat.io

September 21, 2020 at 12:09 pm

In this unusual but well-reversed comedy-drama, Radcliffe’s performance as Manny, the corpse is exactly the sort the Academy claims to revere. The actor rejects his cozy niche as a British dream as he blasts gas, farts, and appears partially decayed for the film’s entire run time. Swiss Army Man follows the tale of a corpse who can be manipulated like a Swiss Army knife, and who eventually develops the ability to speak and feel.

53. best leash for large dogs

October 10, 2020 at 11:39 pm

Hi there to every one, for the reason that I am genuinely eager of
    reading this website’s post to be updated regularly. It consists of good information.

54. Pingback: CBD Oil For Dogs

55. los angeles movers

March 2, 2021 at 1:01 pm

You’re so awesome! I don’t think I’ve read a single thing
    like that before. So good to discover somebody
    with some genuine thoughts on this topic. Really.. thanks for starting this
    up. This web site is something that is required on the
    web, someone with some originality!

56. office movers in los angeles

March 2, 2021 at 3:49 pm

It’s an amazing post designed for all the web users; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

57. 800 955-6600

March 16, 2021 at 4:06 pm

As the admin of this web site is working, no uncertainty very
    shortly it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.

58. 800-955-6600

March 17, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I think what you posted was actually very reasonable. However, consider this, suppose you were to
    create a awesome post title? I am not saying your content isn’t solid, however
    what if you added something that grabbed a person’s attention?
    I mean Issue 492 – Unsung hero goes the extra mile for
    the community | Frome Times is a little vanilla. You should glance at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they create news titles to get people to
    click. You might try adding a video or a pic or two to get people excited about
    everything’ve written. In my opinion, it could bring your posts a little
    bit more interesting.

59. Moving Companies

March 25, 2021 at 1:40 am

For newest information you have to pay a quick visit internet and
    on world-wide-web I found this website as a best web site for most up-to-date updates.