Widgetized Section

Issue 492 – Unsung hero goes the extra mile for the community

Whilst the snow and ice caused havoc with motorists and pedestrians alike, Frome Times has been told of an unsung hero who worked above and beyond the call of duty to make some of Frome’s pavements safer for people to walk on.

With the snow forcing many to stay in and wait it out, Mike Hall took it upon himself to clear some of the town’s pavements. He could be seen clearing the pavements of Catherine Hill of snow and slush on his day off.
Mike is employed by the town council. Mayor of Frome, councillor Damon Hooton said, “I walked down Catherine Hill the other day after we had had the heavy snowfall and I was really impressed to see that one side was totally cleared.
“It is incredible that somebody would take their own time to do something like that. The civic pride he takes in his job is nothing short of admirable – he works above and beyond the call of duty.”
Donna Lynch, who runs Make and Mend in Catherine Hill added, “Mike is a really, really supportive guy to the area and he really cares about where he lives and the streets he looks after.
“When the snow came he took his own time and started at the top of Catherine Hill and shovelled the pavements clear – an amazing thing to do to help other people.”
• Do you know of an unsung hero in Frome? If so, contact The Frome Times on 01373 452109 or email frometimes@ btconnect.com

11 Responses to Issue 492 – Unsung hero goes the extra mile for the community

1. Property Management Mijas

February 3, 2018 at 10:51 pm

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find
    this topic to be really something that I think I would never
    understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

2. Pingback: bahis siteleri

3. Pingback: bahis siteleri

4. Pingback: abanoz

5. Pingback: bahis siteleri

6. http://karin.cf

March 25, 2018 at 9:16 pm

I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering
    problems with your website. It appears like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen.
    Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This could be a issue with my web browser because I’ve had
    this happen previously. Thanks

7. Pingback: sportotobet

8. custom rubber bracelets

April 27, 2018 at 12:41 am

Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by chance, and I am stunned why this accident did
    not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

9. www.miaoyao123.com

May 15, 2018 at 4:58 pm

Gibt es in Ihrfem Website eine Kontaktseite?

Ich habe eine harte Zeit Ortung ees aber, Icch möchte schicken Sie eine E-Mail.

Vorschläge für Ihr Bllog Sie interessiert Verhandlung seiin könnten Ich habe einige bekam.
    So oder so, große Website und ich freuen uns darauf, sie zu entwickeln
    wachden im Laufe der Zeit.

10. marbella villas for sale

May 18, 2018 at 5:53 pm

For most up-to-date news you have to go to see internet and on the web I found this
    website as a most excellent web page for most recent updates.

11. visit site

May 31, 2018 at 8:33 pm

This is a great tip particularly to those fresh to
    the blogosphere. Short but very precise info… Appreciate your sharing this one.

A must read post!