Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The latest round of grants have been awarded by Frome Town council, just in time for the New Year.
A total of £36,816 is being distributed to community groups for the great work that they do to support residents of Frome. Almost half the amount granted in this round has gone to projects aimed at young people, including a sports festival next Easter, play ranger sessions in the Old Showfield, and summer holiday activities all run by local community groups. There is specific funding towards the sessions in Harry’s hydrotherapy pool, students from Critchill School will be able to make use of the pool next year.
In the arts sector, the Merlin Theatre was awarded funding towards its core costs; Jackdaws were given a contribution towards their next Opera-Plus production called ‘Love Potion’ that will see a collaboration between young artists and schoolchildren; and the Frome Museum a contribution towards replacing much needed display cabinets.
Keyford Community Gardens benefited through a grant for tree work in their area, and a repeat grant to the Allotments Association enables them to fund their Outreach programme – aiming to encourage non gardeners and those less able to keep their fingers green!
The local Citizens Advice Bureau and Mendip Community Transport also had repeat funding for their ongoing costs of supporting Frome people in need. Holy Trinity Church meanwhile were awarded a one off grant to help towards the re-development work.
Only one round of grant funding from the town council remains this financial year – there is only around £4,000 left in this budget. The deadline for applications is 22 January. Councillors will at that time also be considering the following year’s grant scheme and their priorities looking ahead.
For more information contact Community Projects Officers at FTC. Tel 01373 475579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full list of successful grant applicants this round as follows:-
• Harry’s Hydro – for Critchill School’s sessions at the hydrotherapy pool next year
• Citizens Advice Bureau – towards the cost of running the Frome bureau
• Merlin Theatre – towards the core costs of running the theatre
• Frome Allotments Association – for their outreach worker
• Wansdyke Play Association – for play rangers in the Old Showfield
• Young People Frome – for activities next summer holidays
• Purple Elephant CIC – for a sports festival at Easter
• Golden Oldies – monthly singing sessions with older people in two Frome venues
• Jackdaws – ‘Love Potion’ OperaPLUS production
• Frome Museum – towards the cost of new cabinets
• Holy Trinity Church – for new chairs in the re-developed church
• Keyford Community Gardens – for tree works and work with St John’s schoolchildren
• Open Storytellers – ‘Friends Meet Up’ club
• Mendip Community Transport – towards transport for Frome residents in need
• Frome College – supervision costs for a trained volunteer counsellor
Two small grants were awarded by the Mayor towards costs of Christmas parties organised by the Children’s Festival in the Cheese & Grain and by the Frome Gateway Club.