Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Frome 1st won by 8 wickets. Butleigh 1st XI – 90 all out. Frome 1st XI – 92-2.

Frome managed to beat the weather as Croker starred with bat and ball, to smash their way to victory and go clear at the top.

After disappointingly missing out on victory last week, Frome feared the weather may get the better of them again as they took on bottom side Butleigh. The hosts managed to win the toss, however the start was delayed due to the wet conditions.

Just as it looked like the match was going to be called off without a ball being bowled, the rain stopped and the match was able to begin with the game reduced to a 25 over a side match.

Butleigh got off to a bad start, losing both openers to Croker with only 7 on the board. However Weeks and Growden batted well to get the away side back on track, but the big blow came when Croker removed dangerman Growden for 13.

Wickets continued to fall with Lett removing Weeks and Croker picking up his 4th leaving Butleigh 48-5.

Stoyle and Brearey were the next pair to try and rebuild the innings, however the introduction of Captain Sanger turned the game Frome’s way again, as he removed both and finished the innings off, taking 4-12 off just three overs as Butleigh lost their last five wickets for 7 runs as they were bowled of for 90.

In reply, Frome openers Paul Sanger and Robin Lett set about chasing the target as quickly as possible. They were dealt a setback when Robin Lett was bounced out by Dibble for just 8.

This brought the man in form, Reece Croker to the crease, who immediately carried on his form, getting off the mark with two sixes.

He continued to strike the ball over the boundary and took no time in getting his sixth fifty in his last six innings.

Bilsborugh removed Sanger for 17 with just 5 to win and Croker (60 not out) finished the match with another boundary as Frome chased 90 in just 8.2 overs.