Stay connected

Saxonvale gets planning permission…again!

PLANNING permission for Saxonvale was confirmed by Mendip District Council at a meeting last night (15th September).

 The scheme was originally given planning permission in January this year, but had been sent back to the district council’s planning board after a Judicial Review Pre-Action protocol letter was sent by Frome business owner Damon Moore – who leads the Mayday Saxonvale campaign, which has presented an alternative plan for the site.

Campaigners said that the officer’s report considered by the planning board in January, had “failed to consider, and misrepresented, key policies” from the district council’s Local Plan for Frome.

A statement from the district council said, “Mendip District Council, as landowner, can confirm outline planning permission for land at Saxonvale, Frome, was approved by Planning Board last night (Wednesday 15thSeptember). This was in line with officer recommendation, and subject to agreement of conditions with developer Acorn Property Group.

“Additional information was put before councillors for clarity and transparency purposes following the recent receipt and publication of the Local Plan Part 2 Inspectors Report, and also in response to a solicitors ‘Judicial Review – Pre Action protocol letter’.

“Planning Board took the opportunity to endorse their previous decision – to grant outline planning permission for the Frome development – which was first approved back in January this year.

“The item was carried; 7 voted for, and 6 voted against.”

Further news will be reported in the next issue of Frome Times, out week commencing 27th September.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *