Stay connected

FromeFM return to The Old Fire Station


The new home of FromeFM

The new home of FromeFM

After six weeks broadcasting from a portable building in the grounds of the Memorial car park, FromeFM returns to its home at the new and improved Old Fire Station on Christchurch Street West.  

FromeFM moved out of their distinctive home six weeks ago following building work. New owner Luke Manning said, “The contractors, Mcintosh DBR were working in a very tight time constraint as it was important to get the new studios up and running. FromeFM managed to continually broadcast throughout all that time but are delighted to be back.”

Two entirely separate studios have been made from the space, with  FromeFM having one and Luke Manning will move his graphic design company Pencil Studio from the Old Church School into the newly refurbished upstairs studio.

The much loved Old Fire Station has had an interesting history. Although there had been a fire service in Frome since 1773, plans for the ‘new’ fire station, as it was then known, were put forward with enough space for two engines.  It was finally completed 1895 at a cost of £220.

Closed to fire engines in 1970,  the ambulance service then used the building until it came into private ownership with FromeFM moving in in 2008.  Completely refurbished, the space should now provide a comfortable home to broadcast from for years to come.

You can listen to Frome FM on 96.6 or online at – find Pencil Studios at www.pencil